- When it’s raining outside but I don’t have anywhere to go and can stay inside with a cup of tea and a book.
- Going on walks with my lovely M in the sun. These normally consist of photography, conversations about our hopes and dreams and a whole lot of exploring.
- The first time I put my feet into new socks (especially fluffy bed socks).
- Random, unexpected ‘how are you?‘ texts from friends I haven’t seen for a long time.
- Emails/comments/tweets/kind words about my blog, any encouragement means so much.
- Sitting at the end of my best friends bed. Duvet, tea and a catch-up.
- Watching cheap day-time TV with my mum whilst having a cuddle (Any other Say Yes to the Dress fans out there?!)
- Riffling through my memory-box. A random receipt or scrap of an old diary entry has the power to bring back a whole day from years before. Being at Uni always makes me 1000% more nostalgic when I’m back home.
- Fresh flowers on my desk. They brighten up my very prison-like-bare-brick-room considerably.
- When a flat mate offers to put the kettle on because they know I’m on my way home. Half the time there’s a cup of tea waiting for me.
‘If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.’ Eleonora Duse